Job Scope FAQs
i. What’s the job scope of an intern?
An intern will be exposed to the complete business cycle of a project; involved in business development, tendering, site visit & evaluation, system design, software development, database management, site execution and administration work.
ii. What are the fields of work?
Involved in System Integration, software development and procurement (hardware & software) management.
i. What can I expect from interning here?
- It will be a challenging internship where you will be pushed to your limits.
- The sky is the limit; the amount of knowledge and experience you will gain is a function of your initiative.
- Fun and creative working culture.
ii. Will I be working in a team or individually?
Both. Some bigger projects involve several people in a team while smaller projects are handled individually. While the seniors provide guidance, there is no “spoon feeding”, and interns are expected to be resourceful and confident enough to carry out their tasks.
iii. Is training provided for interns?
Yes. OGSP and BOSIET are a must. Further specialized training is conducted as and when necessary.
iv. Will an intern be doing office or site work?
v. Will I have an opportunity to go offshore?
Yes. Many interns have gone offshore.
vi. What are the benefits offered?
- Medical covers outpatient treatment.
- 1 leave day is earned for every month of work.
- Travel and expense claims (as per company policies).
vii. What are the working hours?
- Company practices flexible working hours. As a guideline (8am-5pm, 9am-6pm or 10am-7pm)
- Working days are Mon-Fri.
viii. Is there a monthly allowance?
Yes. RM800/mth + performance bonuses.
ix. What kind of intern is the company looking for?
Someone with a positive attitude and good communication skills.